Easy Craft Project: DIY Bud Vases
Create winsome, colorful bud vases in three easy steps for a beautiful display that works anywhere from the kitchen to the living room.
What you will need:
- Various clean empty bottles—I used a variety of bottles recycled from my kitchen including dressing, olive oil and vinegar bottles. You can also do this project with a collection of canning or plastic jars.
- 1 can robin’s egg Blue spray paint—I used Design Master’s paint which can be found at most large art and craft stores. Be sure to choose paint with a “flat” finish to create a pretty glow when light hits the finished vases.
- Area outside to safely spray bottles.
- Face mask and goggles if sensitive to spray paint fumes.
1. Place clean, dry bottles on spray surface.
2. Spray and layer color until bottles are evenly coated.
3. Let dry for at least an hour before using bottles as vases.
To use as Vases:
- Fill each bottle carefully with water and place a blossom in each one. Line bottles up in a window, down a dining table or as I have them in my home, on a shelf above my sink.
- To care for vases after painting, wipe carefully with a damp cloth. Do not put in dishwasher or in hot soapy water.
-By Teresa Blackburn