10 Easy Marinades
Whether beef, chicken or pork is your pleasure, all or any will grill up extra juicy and delicious after a long soak in a flavorful marinade.
Remember that old Palmolive commercial from the 70s with Madge the Manicurist? Her secret weapon and all-around antidote for dishpan hands was the emerald-green dishwashing liquid she shilled for in 60-second TV spots. "You're soaking in it," she'd deadpan in dulcet tones to disbelieving clients. These days, we're not so sure we're buying what Madge is selling when it comes to manicures, but her basic wisdom applies just dandy when the topic is dinner.
Want tender, tasty beef, chicken, or pork? Let it soak in a nice long savory bath before you bake, roast or grill it. Here are 10 three to five-ingredient combinations we love.
- Lemon juice + olive oil + fresh basil + Heinz 57 steak sauce + white wine
- Italian vinaigrette + pineapple juice + minced garlic
- Sesame oil + fish sauce + garlic chili paste + plum sauce
- Coconut milk + lemongrass + red curry + lime juice + fish sauce
- Fresh orange juice + lime juice + grapeseed oil + cumin + garlic
- Sake + rice wine vinegar + soy sauce + grated ginger + soy sauce
- Soy sauce + Worcestershire sauce + red wine + garlic powder + dry mustard
- Buttermilk + Dijon mustard + thyme + coarsely ground black pepper (use for chicken or pork chops)
- Plain yogurt + tandoori paste + lime juice + cilantro + honey (use for chicken or lamb)
- Jerk seasoning + lime juice + soy sauce + green onions.