Zucchini Basil Dip
- Yield: 4 cups
- 2cups chopped zucchini
- 1cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup minced scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/4cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 or 2clove garlic, minced (optional)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Blanch the zucchini in a small amount of water in a saucepan for 5 minutes; drain. Press the excess moisture from the zucchini.
- Combine with the basil, cheese, scallions, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, salt and white pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade or in a blender.
- Process until smooth, scraping the side of the bowl as needed. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve with assorted chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair, Appetizers at Devon, A Collection of Recipes from the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair (Devon Horse Show and Country Fair, 2008)