White Beans with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
This recipe was inspired by one from Joyce Goldstein's Mediterranean Fresh (W. W. Norton, 2008).
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons sun-dried tomato-infused oil (from jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1ounce grated Manchego or Romano cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- To prepare beans, place beans in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over beans. Let stand at least 1 hour. Add onion, garlic, basil and cheese, just before serving.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 830mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 10g
- Protein 16g