Warm Cherry Tomato Caprese Crostini
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12slices smoked mozzarella
- 1pint cherry tomatoes
- 12slices of crusty baguette
- chopped basil for garnish, if desired
- Balsamic Reduction
- 1/2cup balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon brown sugar
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet. Over high heat sear the tomatoes until they are caramelized on the outside and become tender, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, place bread in a single layer on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp up. Keep and eye on them so they do not burn.
- Take out of the oven and spoon some pesto onto each crostini.
- Next place 1 slice of cheese onto each crostini. Place them back under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Take out of the oven and top with the blistered tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Garnish with extra fresh chopped basil if desired. Serve immediately.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half. Keep warm until ready to use.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Caprese Crostini with Blistered Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella.