- Yield: 2 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried parsley)
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons margarine or butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2cup chopped brocoli, asparagus, or green beans
- 1/2cup chopped celery
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, oregano, garlic salt (if using), pepper and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Sauté green onions, broccoli and celery for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture and cook for 30 seconds. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until set. Cut frittata in half and slide out of the skillet onto warmed plates.
- If you use the optional garlic salt, it will add 120 mg of sodium per serving.
- When purchasing a seasoning blend, be sure to check the sodium content. Some contain salt, though it’s not always mentioned in the name as it is with garlic salt.
–Excerpted from 250 Essential Diabetes Recipes by Sharon Zeiler, Canadian Diabetes Association © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 198
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 372 mg
- Sodium 313 mg
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 13 g