Turkey Olive Polenta Lasagna
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3cups water
- 1cup polenta
- 1 1/4cups sliced California Black Ripe Olives, divided
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4pounds ground turkey
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce
- 1 1/2cups grated Italian blend cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Whisk in polenta, turn heat down to a low simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and mix in 1 cup of olives. Pour onto a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet. Top with a piece of plastic wrap and flatten into an 11-inch by 17-inch rectangle. Set aside to cool and set for 10 minutes.
- While polenta is setting, heat oil in a large, high-sided sauté pan over medium high heat. Stir in turkey and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Add 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce and cook until heated through.
- Remove plastic wrap covering and cut polenta into 3 (approximately 11-inch by 5 1/2-inch) pieces. Place one piece onto the bottom of a lightly greased 7-inch by 11-inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the turkey mixture and 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Repeat to create one more layer. Top with third piece of polenta. Cover with remaining marinara sauce, cheese blend and remaining olives. Cover with foil and bake in a 450F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes until golden and bubbly. Allow to stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting into 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee