Trader Joe’s Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter Copycat
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Cookie Side
- 15 Oreos
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cream Side
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 3/4cups powdered sugar
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the cookies in a blender and blend for about 10 seconds or until completely chopped and fine.
- Pour the vegetable oil and cream into the blender and pulse on medium-high until a batter like consistency forms. Set aside.
For the cream side:
- In a small bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and shortening together on high until creamy. About 1 minute.
- Turn off the mixer and add the sugar and vanilla. Beat on low-medium for about one minute until well combined and thick.
- In a jar or bowl, fill the cream side first. When putting the cream into the mason jar, use a spoon and stick the cream to the side of the jar until one side is filled.
- Next, pour or spoon the cookie filling into the other side. Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Originally appeared as Copycat Trader Joe’s Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter on The Cookie Rookie.