Tomato Citrus Marinated Olives
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can California Black Ripe Olives, whole
- 1 1/2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toss tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Place tomatoes, skin side down, on a lightly greased parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 1 hour. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, chop each tomato half into quarters. Toss cooked tomatoes with olives, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, rosemary, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Marinate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of California Olive Committee