- Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2cups raw unsalted nuts mixed, such as almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts
- 2tablespoons flaxseeds
- 3tablespoons millet or quinoa
- 1 1/2tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Whisk in the maple syrup, cayenne, black pepper and salt. Stir in the nuts, flaxseed, millet, and rosemary, making sure everything is coated completely.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer and bake until the nuts are brown and fragrant, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Reprinted with permission from Sara Forte’s The Sprouted Kitchen: A Tastier Take on Whole Foods (Ten Speed Press, 2012).