THE CHIC GREEK TURKEY BURGER
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 12 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1-1/4pound freshly ground turkey
- 1/4cup chopped red onion
- 1ounce can sliced California slice black olives, drained and rough chopped
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 4medium whole wheat or plain pita bread pockets
- 1/2cup plain yogurt
- 1/3cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1cup rough chopped Romaine lettuce
Preheat oven to 250F. In a large bowl mix turkey, onions, olives, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt to blend, divide into 4 portions then form into burger patties. Cook burgers over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook burger until internal temperature reaches 165F. turning once about 5 minutes per side.
While burgers are cooking warm pitas in oven on baking sheet. In a medium bowl mix yogurt, feta cheese and pickle relish.
To serve slice pitas open place a burger into each then spoon in yogurt mixture and last top with romaine lettuce.