- Yield: 3 servings
- 3-- whole, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8ounces mild Italian sausage
- 1large portabella mushroom, chopped
- 1/2cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 1can (15 oz.) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2-- eggs
- 2cups parmesan cheese
- 1cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the casing off the sausage and crumble into a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped portabella, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, onion and cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes. Add artichokes and cook 2 minutes. Drain mixture thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sausage mixture with the cream cheese. Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet. Spoon sausage mixture on top of each and roll up. Beat eggs in separate dish. Dip breasts in egg and roll in 1 cup parmesan and then 1 cup bread crumbs. Place in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes.