Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Yield: 4 pieces
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- 4medium Red bell peppers preferred, but yellow or orange can be used.
- 1large Crust of day old loaf of Italian bread
- 1can California Black Ripe Olives chopped
- 1/3cup Olive Oil
- 2tablespoons Capers drained
- 2tablespoons Chopped parsley
- 1clove clove garlic crushed
- 1dash Salt & Pepper
Parboil whole peppers for 5 minutes after removing the tops and seeds.
In a bowl break up crust into small pieces and then combine all ingredients. Save 4 larger pieces of crust for tops of peppers
Stuff the peppers and place a piece of crust on top of the stuffing.
Place peppers into a baking pan or casserole which has been oiled.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
Serve warm or cold.