Chicken and Brie Sandwiches with Strawberries
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- chicken breasts,boneless skinless
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8ounces brie cheese,rind removed,cut up
- 1pint strawberries,hulled,sliced
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3cups field greens,pre washed
- 4-- (4inch) square rustic ciabatta rolls,split
Heat oven to 350*degrees F.
Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound each to a 1/2 inch in thickness.Combine 1 tsp.salt and 1 tsp. ground blk. pepper.Sprinkle each breast equally with salt and pepper mixture.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-hi heat and cook chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes per side.Place cooked chicken breasts on a sheet pan and top each breast with 2 oz. of brie cheese.Place chicken in pre-heated oven for 5 -7 minutes.
While chicken is cooking hull and slice strawberries,place sliced strawberries in a medium size bowl.Add sugar ,balsamic vinegar and 1/4 tsp. cracked blk.pepper.Toss together.
Place a handfull of field greens on the cut side of each bottom ciabatta roll,equally disribute balsamic strawberries over field greens and place a chicken breast over each ,place top side of roll cut side down on top of each chicken breast.Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.Serves 4.