Strawberry Angel Shortcake
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3cups strawberries
- 3tablespoons rum
- OR 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 3tablespoons orange juice
- 3ounces white chocolate
- 1cup whipping cream
- 1 medium angel food cake
- 8 large strawberries, whole
- Combine sliced berries, sugar, and one tbsp rum or 1 tsp rum ext. in a medium bowl. Combine remaining rum or ext. and orange juice in a small measuring cup.
- Melt chocolate slowly over hot water in double boiler or small bowl. Stir occasionally. Cool to room temp.
- Beat whipping cream and cooled chocolate until soft peaks form.
- Slice angel cake horizontally into three layers. Place one layer on large cake plate. Drizzle with 1/3 of oranje juice mix. Top with 1/3 of cream chocolate mixture and 1/2 of the sliced berries. Repeat layers, ending with cream spooned over top of cake and partially down sides. Garnish with whole berries and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate one to two hours. To serve, cut into 8 wedges.