Stellar Smoked Salmon Grilled Cascadian Cheese Sandwiches
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2ounces mascarpone or cream cheese, room temperature
- 2tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4ounces chopped smoked salmon
- 1/3cup finely chopped sweet onions, such as Walla Wallas
- 8slices pumpernickel bread
- 2tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 8small cherry tomatoes
- In a medium bowl mix cheddar cheese, mascarpone or cream cheese, and horseradish to blend. Stir in smoked salmon and onion.
- Lay 4 slices of bread onto work surface, divide and spread smoked salmon mixture on top. Add remaining bread slices, brush both sides of sandwiches with melted butter.
- Grill 2 sandwiches at a time in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat about 2 minutes per side until golden. Cut each sandwich diagonally, pierce each tomato with a decorative toothpick and skewer each half. Makes 4 sandwiches.