St. Valentine's Irish Creme Mists
- Yield: 2 servings
"On Valentine's Day, imagine a white linen tablecloth and tall, slender glasses filled with this wonderful dessert drink. This was developed over time for adults to enjoy at the end of their meal. It is light and sweet - a cross between a cocktail and an ice cream sundae."
- 1 1/2cups strawberry swirl ice cream or 3/4 cup each vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream
- 2teaspoons Irish cream liquid coffee creamer
- 1/4cup chocolate liqueur or Irish creme liqueur
- 1tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1/4cup whipped cream
- 2tablespoons shaved chocolate
- 2 strawberries
- Combine the ice cream, creamer, liqueur, whiskey, and whipped cream in a blender container and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two tall glasses and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours until well chilled.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate over the top of each glass and top with a strawberry. Serve with a long straw and tall spoon, if desired.
Recipe by Mary J. Lewis, Eatonton, Ga.