Spinach Tortellini Casserole
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2packages (10 ounces each) fresh cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4cup chopped onion
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 10ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2cups heavy whipping cream
- 2cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- -- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a casserole dish; add the cooked tortellini and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onions and garlic until soft and golden.
- Add the spinach, cream and 1 cup of the cheese to the pan, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the spinach mixture over the tortellini and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Houston, Inc., Peace Meals, a Book of Recipes for Cooking and Connecting (The Junior League of Houston, Inc., 2008)