Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4-5 pounds), halved lengthwise
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2-3/4teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 6ounces plain Greek yogurt
- ounce cream cheese (low fat or regular)
- 1cup bagged frozen spinach, slightly thawed*
- 1 (12 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2cup shredded Parmesan
- 1-1 1/2cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash halves face down in a casserole dish. Pour about an inch of water into the bottom of the casserole dish. Bake 45-60 minutes, until squash is fork tender.
- Remove squash from the oven and allow to slightly cool. Drain remaining water from the casserole dish and flip squash over so the inside is facing up. Shred the spaghetti squash using a fork.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with about ¼ teaspoon salt onto both halves.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, Parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, garlic, remaining ¼ – ½ teaspoon salt, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes (if using). Spoon mixture into the spaghetti squash halves. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then broil on low for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with chopped parsley.
Note: Boxed frozen spinach isn’t recommended, as it’s full of water. If you are using the boxed frozen spinach, be sure to wring it out using kitchen towels before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.