- 1pound strawberries, hulled
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4-6drops red pepper sauce, more or less to taste
- 1tablespoon honey
- dash of salt
- 4 lime slices for garnish
- 4 strawberries for garnish
- 4 cups ice
- 4ounces vodka, optional
- Place strawberries, cucumber, tomatoes, lime juice, Tabasco, honey and salt in a blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour mixture over ice and garnish with a lime and a strawberry. Serve immediately.
This recipe originally appeared as Spicy Sweet California Strawberry Tonic on California Strawberries.