Spaghetti with Roasted Zucchini and Olives
- 1pound spaghetti or linguine, uncooked
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 12 roasted peppers, diced, liquid reserved
- 12 black olives, sliced
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray. Lay the zucchini on the sheets and spray them with cooking spray. Roast the zucchini 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium, non-stick skillet warm the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute it until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic to the zucchini and stir in the roasted peppers, olives, red pepper flakes and pasta. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 297
- Monounsaturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 13.7mg
- Sodium 800mg
- Carbohydrate 49.8g
- Protein 10.7g