Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3cups sugar
- 6-- egg yolks
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- -- Salt to taste
- 1cup sour cream
- 6-- egg whites
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl until light. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a small bowl. Add 1/4 of the dry ingredients alternately with 1/3 of the sour cream, mixing well after each addtion and beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat the egg whites until stiff in a small bowl Fold into the batter.
- Spoon into a greased tube pan. Bake at 300F for 2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Boca Raton’s Savor the Moment (Junior League of Boca Raton, Fla., 2000)