- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1medium onion, thinly sliced and cut into half moons
- 1box (4.7 oz) boxed scallop potatoes (like Betty Crocker)
- 6cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2teaspoons dried marjoram, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4cups chopped fresh kale or spinach, tough stems removed (about 1/2 bunch)
- Heat olive oil in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Add onions and cook until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and seasoning packet, chicken broth, marjoram, black pepper and crushed red pepper, if using.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are hydrated and softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add kale and cook just until wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes about 6 cups, serves 4.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 880mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 12g