Savory Beef Burgers
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 2tablespoons onion, minced
- 2tablespoons Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 8leaves Bibb lettuce
- bslice tomato, ¼-inch thick
- 8slices red onion slices, thin
- Combine ground beef, onion, mustard, Italian seasoning, cumin, pepper and salt, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions shape into 1/2 inch thick patties, 4 inches in diameter.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 10 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Place 2 or 3 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates; top with 2 tomato slices, 2 onion rings and 1 burger.