Sausage Spinach Monesta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound Italian sausage (hot OR sweet)
- 1package Baby spinach washed
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2cloves garlic
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1/2pound ditalini pasta
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4teaspoon salt and pepper
1. Boil pasta in water according to directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Remove sausage from its skin, break apart and saute in large fry pan with olive oil and garlic until crumbled and brown.
3. Add bag of baby spinach and chicken broth, cover and simmer until the spinach wilts.
4. Add crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and stir well.
5. Add cooked pasta and stir.
6. Serve in bowls with some crusty Italian bread and butter.