- Yield: 10-12 servings
- 2pounds ground beef
- 1large chopped onion
- 2slices white bread (challah is best)
- 2 large eggs
- 1can peeled, whole, cooked tomatoes
- 1can tomato paste
- 1/4cup milk
- 4ounces uncooked bacon
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Soak the bread in the milk and squeeze to get out the milk.
- Drain the tomatoes and reserve the juice. Break up the tomatoes with your hands.
- Mix ingredients together (except for bacon and tomato juice).
- Form the mixture into a large loaf and place in a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Place bacon slices on top of the loaf.
- Pour the tomato juice over and around the meat loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it “rest” for 10 minutes so it absorbs the juices, before slicing.