Taylor Kadlec for Honest Cooking
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2cups brown sugar
- 3large eggs
- 2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2cup caramel sauce
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture, beating until combined.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Pour and spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and tester comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool and then cut into bars.
This recipe from Greens & Chocolate for Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondie Bars.