Salmon with Sunny Citrus Raisin Salsa
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/2cup California raisins
- 1 1/2cups chopped, peeled navel oranges
- 1cup chopped, peeled avocado chunks
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2teaspoons honey
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) salmon fillets
- To prepare salsa, combine raisins, oranges, avocado, onion and cilantro.
- Combine orange juice, salt, red pepper flakes and honey in a small bowl. Mix well and pour over raisin mixture. Mix gently.
- Place 4 cups water in a large, deep skillet. Bring to a boil. Add salmon fillets and return to simmer. Cover pan and cook fillets 10 minutes, or until fillets are easily pierced. With a slotted spoon or spatula, gently remove salmon, letting water drain from fillets before placing on serving plate.
- Top each fillet with 1/2 cup of salsa. Serve remaining salsa on the side.
Recipe by Amy Brnger