- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 6tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons small capers (eg. nonpareille), rinsed
- 2 7 oz jars or cans of tuna in spring water, drained
- 4 salted anchovy fillets, halved lengthwise
- 3 ripe plum or heirloom tomatoes, cores removed, cut into wedges
- 1/2cup pitted green or black olives
- 4cups arugula
- Bring a medium pan of water to a boil, add the eggs, and boil for 7–8 minutes to leave them slightly wet in the center, then drain and cool in cold water.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, some seasoning, and the capers in a large deep salad bowl, one that gives you enough room for tossing once you have layered all the ingredients.
- Dry the tuna on a double thickness of paper towels, then break it into chunks or coarse flakes.
- Add to the dressing, and turn to coat everything. Lay the anchovy fillets on top, then the tomatoes and finally the olives.
- Finally pile the arugula on top. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a cool place.
- To serve, shell and quarter the eggs. Gently turn the salad over a couple of times, and arrange the eggs on top.
Recipe from Low Carb Revolution: Comfort Eating for Good Health by Annie Bell (Kyle Book, 2015)
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Protein 25g