Roasted Carrots with Cumin and Raisins
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
Carrots roasted with garlic, brown sugar and spice; topped with raisins, lemon juice and cilantro; makes this recipe tasty, flavorful, as well as lovely to serve.
- 2pounds carrots, peeled
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup California dark raisins
- 1/4cup California golden raisins
- 1medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice carrots diagonally into 1-inch slices.
- In a 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, combine olive oil, garlic, sugar, cumin, cinnamon, salt and carrots.
- Roast 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from oven, stir in the raisins, lemon juice and cilantro. Toss well.