Roast Pork with Cumin and Ginger
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2-3pounds boneless pork loin
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over pork. Let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine ground cumin, garlic, ginger and olive oil; mix well to form a paste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a shallow, ovenproof pan. Add pork and sear 3 minutes per side. Coat evenly with paste.
- Place pork in oven and roast 30 to 35 minutes, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145F. Transfer pork to a platter and cover loosely with foil. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice pork on the bias. Serve with pan sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 200
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 28g