Roast Beef Wraps
- Yield: 8 servings
Use lavash, the thin flat bread also known as Armenian cracker bread, or packaged wraps to prepare these roast beef and vegetable sandwiches. Look for them in packages near the deli counter.
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 2teaspoons horseradish
- 4 lavash breads or wraps
- Baby spinach leaves
- 1/2pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Half a seedless cucumber, peeled and cut lengthwise in 8 slices
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, tomato paste and horseradish.
- With long side facing, spread one lavash with 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture almost to the edges. Top with 1/4 of the spinach, roast beef and cheese. Place 2 slices of cucumber horizontally at the middle. Fold edges of lavash over and roll up jellyroll style. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each sandwich into halves.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 360mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 14g