- Yield: 45 pieces
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2medium red onion, diced
- 1medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1medium orange bell pepper, diced
- 1medium zucchini, diced
- 1medium yellow squash, diced
- 1/2medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1large ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 45 frozen mini phyllo shells (3 boxes of 15)
- 5ounces herbed cream cheese
- 1ounce fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes. Add yellow and orange bell peppers; cook 2 minutes. Add zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant; cook 2 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Transfer to a plate or tray to cool.
- Arrange phyllo shells on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Evenly divide herbed cream cheese among shells, about 1/2 teaspoon in each. Top each with about 1 tablespoon ratatouille, or enough to fill.
- Bake 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and top with fresh basil. Makes 45 tartlets.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 25
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 150mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 0g