Raisin, Feta and Pistachio Rice Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 12 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
A wonderful time saver for the busy cook, this salad can be made up to a day ahead of time.
- 1cup basmati rice
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2 1/2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 2teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 to 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 2medium green onions, chopped
- 1/4cup California dark raisins
- 1/4cup California golden raisins
- 1/4cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4cup pistachios
- 1/4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Spoon cooked rice onto a baking sheet to allow the rice to cool.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice and rind, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place cooled rice in a large bowl. Pour dressing over rice; stir well to combine.
- Add green onions, raisins, feta, pistachios and parsley. Toss well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then allow salad to come to room temperature before serving.
Recipe by Nadine Mesch