Quick Chicken Paprika Casserole
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup baking mix
- 1/4cup finely chopped parsley
- 2tablespoons paprika
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 4-- boneless chicken breasts
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1-- (15-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2cups sour cream
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8ounces egg noodle ribbons, cooked, drained
- Combine the baking mix, parsley, paprika and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Dip the chicken in the buttermilk in a shallow dish. Coat with the baking mix mixture, reserving the remaining baking mix mixture. Brown the chicken in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Saute the onion in the skillet until tender. Stir in 1/3 cup of the reserved baking mix mixture. Add the broth and mix well. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Combine 1/2 cup of the sauce with the noodles in a bowl and mix well. Spoon into an 8×8-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the chicken over the noodle mixture. Top with the remaining sauce. Bake at 325F for 30 to 40 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Telephone Pioneers of America’s Celebrations (Telephone Pioneers of America, Chapter 34, Birmingham, Al., 1999).