Quick and Healthy Olive Broccoli Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
- Frozen or Fresh Broccoli Florets
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Walnuts
- Olive Oil
- California Whole Black Olives
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add salt. Cook Fusilli according to package directions.
Add frozen broccoli to pasta during the last 3 minutes of cooking. (If using fresh broccoli add during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.)
Chop garlic and walnuts.
Drain pasta and save 1 cup of the pasta water.
Add 6 tablespoons of Olive Oil to the empty pasta pot. Place back on low heat. Add Garlic and Walnuts and saute for about 2 minutes until fragrant and garlic is opaque. Add Olives and cook for one minute. Then add stained Pasta and Broccoli.
Add the reserved cooking water and Feta Cheese. Toss. Salt and Pepper to taste.
* Optional: Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes or any chopped herbs as garnish.
* Also use leftovers as a to-go lunch – serve cold/room temp and drizzle with aged balsamic for a great pasta salad.