- Yield: 12 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, 1/4-inch dice, fronds reserved (optional)
- 1 sweet onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 spring carrots, peeled, 1/4-inch dice
- 1bunch medium to large asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup shelled fresh green peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated deep-dish pie crust
- 2cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 5 to 6ounces herb cream cheese (such as Boursin or Rondelle), softened
- 1cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1ounce fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fennel, onion and carrots and cook 4 minutes, stirring. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add peas and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Spread vegetables evenly on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Whisk together half-and-half, eggs and herb cheese until smooth. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
- Bake until the top is puffed and golden brown and a knife in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and slice into wedges. Sprinkle each serving with basil.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 264
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 102mg
- Sodium 339mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 9g