Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- thin pork chops
- 1teaspoon each, pepper and garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1-2teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 1can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2can milk
- 4ounces can mushrooms (optional)
- Lightly brown the pork chops in butter, seasoning with pepper and garlic as they cook. Remove from skillet and add worchestershire sauce (this will deglaze the pan). Then add 1/2 of the onion and saute. Add the soup and milk and return the chops to the pan (add optional mushrooms at this time too). Spoon the sauce to cover chops, cover and simmer at least 15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, spooning the gravy over the potatoes and topping with some of the remaining onion.