Ponchatoula Strawberry Pecan Muffins
- Yield: 2
- 4cups all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1cup milk
- 2cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beating just until mixed after each addition. The batter will be slightly sticky; do not overmix.
- Fold in the strawberries and pecans. Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Dickie Brennan & Co., Dickie Brennan’s Palace Cafe, The Flavor of New Orleans (Dickie Brennan & Co., 2002)