Pizza Bianca with Caramelized Onions, Raisins and Arugula
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 30-35
- 1tablespoon cornmeal
- 1pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 1/2tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 3/4cup California raisins, divided
- 7ounces roasted peppers, julienned
- 5ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over parchment. Press dough on parchment into a 15-inch round. Brush crust with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- To assemble pizza, layer provolone cheese over crust. Top with onions, 1/2 cup raisins, roasted peppers, and goat cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is a golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl. Add arugula and 1/4 cup raisins. Mix lightly until evenly coated.
- Cut pizza into wedges. Top each wedge with arugula before serving.
Recipe by Gilda Lester