Pineapple Right Side Up Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
"This very moist Pineapple Right Side Up Cake is my favorite recipe. Wherever I take it, I am always asked for the recipe."
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 2 (10-ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3cup evaporated milk canned milk
- 3/4cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place eggs in bowl of stand mixer and beat on high. Add vanilla and gradually add sugar. Continue beating on high until mixture is light lemon color. Change speed to low, and alternately add 1 can pineapple (undrained) and dry ingredients. Spread batter on a lightly-greased 15-by-10-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle walnuts over top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and springs back when pressed. Pour remaining can of crushed pineapple (slightly drained) over cake.
- To prepare glaze, boil all ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes, until white and bubbly. Pour glaze over top, while cake is still warm. Refrigerate cake for a few hours before serving.
—Jennie Mascarena, Belen, N.M.