- 7ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2cup unsalted butter
- 1/2cup chunky or creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup powdered sugar
- Place chocolate, butter and peanut butter in a large, heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Cook, stirring, until chocolate melts. Cool slightly; whisk in eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla until combined. Gently stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1 ½-inch balls and place on prepared pans. Refrigerate 10 minutes, then roll in sugar and arrange about 1 inch apart on pans. Bake until slightly puffed, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes on pans, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.