Peachy Pork Steaks
- 4 pork blade steaks (1/2")
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1cup peach nectar
- 1/2cup water
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (or 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon)
- Hot cooked rice
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1tablespoon cold water
- 2teaspoons parsley, freshly chopped
- Cook steaks in hot oil over medium heat in a large skillet until lightly browned on both sides. Drain off pan dripping. Sprinkle steaks with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Combine peach nectar, 1/2 cup water, vinegar, and bouillon cubes; pour over steaks. Simmer 30 minutes or until steaks are tender.
- Place steaks over rice on a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to nectar mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in parsley. Spoon half of gravy over steaks. Serve remaining gravy with steaks.