- 2cups shelled fresh green peas
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 slices crusty bread, cubed
- 2cups fresh torn lettuce leaves
- 2ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Boil peas 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan. Toss bread cubes in drippings and cook until crispy.
- Combine peas, lettuce, vinaigrette and croutons. Top with cheese.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 430
- Fat 33g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 610mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 13g