Pan Chicken with Texas Grapefruit and Mint Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4cup shallots
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1/2cup fresh Texas Rio Star Grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit)
- 1tablespoon minced mint; 4 mint leaves for garnish
- 2teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper the chicken. In a large skillet, heat half the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until both sides are browned well, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add remaining oil to the pan. Add shallots and crushed red pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the broth, grapefruit juice, half of the mint, flour and sugar. Add to the skillet. Cook, whisking until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with its juices; reduce heat to low. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over. Use leftover mint to garnish.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet