Orzo Salad with Fresh Figs, Tomatoes and Balsamic
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup dry orzo pasta
- 2tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 1cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1cup quartered black mission figs
- 1/3cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts
- balsamic glaze (reduced balsamic vinegar) to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the orzo according to your package directions. Drain and put into a large bowl, and toss with the olive oil.
- Add in the tomatoes, figs, cheese, and herbs, and toss to combine. Season, to taste with salt and pepper. Scatter the walnuts over the top, and drizzle generously with the balsamic glaze.