Photo by Mark Boughton Photography / Styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 1/2cup sliced almonds
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds fresh green beans, trimmed, or frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1tablespoon water
- 1cup parsley leaves
- 2 (4-inch) strips orange peel
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Put almonds in a large skillet and toast over medium heat about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Return pan to stove and increase heat to medium-high. Add oil, green beans, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and steam until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, orange peel and garlic on a cutting board and chop very finely.
- Uncover green beans. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, if needed, to allow extra moisture to evaporate.
- Add orange peel mixture and toss to combine. Scatter almonds over the top.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 80
- Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 3g