One-Pan Fudge Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter
- 1cup sugar
- 1 1/2ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 8-inch square cake pan.
- Melt butter, sugar and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. When melted, add flour, salt and baking powder. Stir well. Add eggs, vanilla and pecans, if using. Stir well and pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cut into squares while hot. Let cool in pan. When cool, dust top with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from The Junior League of Nashville’s Nashville Seasons (1964).