Marbled Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Yield: 16
- Red Velvet Layer:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4cups granulated sugar
- 3tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 4tablespoons milk, divided
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon red food coloring
- 2teaspoons white vinegar
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13 x 18 jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla, food coloring and vinegar. Add dry ingredients and stir until well combined. (The batter will be very thick.) Scrape into pan (reserving 3/4 cup). Smooth to reach all the edges.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of red velvet layer in pan and smooth mixture until it reaches all the edges.
- Combine remaining milk with reserved batter. Stir well. Drop spoonfuls on top of cheesecake layer. Drag the tip of a knife through red velvet and the cheesecake layers to create swirls.
- Bake 25 minutes or just until the center is set. Let cool. Cut into shapes using heart cookie cutters.
Recipe by Jessica Segarra, thenovicechef.com