Marbled Cookie Butter Brownies
- 1/2stick butter
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup all purpose flour
- 2large eggs, cold
- 1/2cup cookie butter spread
- 3/4cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 to 1tablespoon milk or heavy cream
- around 50g chocolate, melted (1.7 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine the butter, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and set the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir from time to time until the butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating the first fully before adding the second, until the batter looks thick, shiny and well blended. Add the flour and stir until all traces of it disappear.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool completely before slicing. Placing them in the fridge until they’re completely cold would make slicing easier.
- Bake the brownies and let them cool completely.
- Beat the butter and cookie butter spread together until combined. Add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add milk or heavy cream as needed to adjust the consistency of the frosting.
- Spread the frosting evenly on the surface of the cooled brownie slab. Place small dots of chocolate on top of the frosting, spacing them about ½ inch apart. Use the back of a spoon to swirl the frosting and chocolate.